It’s been a long time since I’ve posted last. I never thought that my summer would ever get as busy as it has. At the beginning of May, I came up with a mental checklist of things that I wanted to accomplish over the summer break, including:
- become CPR/First Aid certified
- learn how to ride a bike (finally)
- begin studying for the GMAT I will most likely be taking next school year
- pick up my clarinet once again
- do some thrifty apartment shopping
- read a bunch of books (fiction, non-fiction, and business topics)
- complete a few crafts for my new apartment
- hang out with some friends from high school
- try out new dinner recipes
- (and of course) blog more often
Needless to say, I have unfortunately not been able to cross off a single one of those items off my mental checklist. All I have been doing (and I really do mean ALL that I have been doing) these past 3 or 4 weeks is working endless hours at my job and reading endless stories for my World Literature summer class.
At least I’m being productive (not to mention making mad BANK!), but if it’s at the expense of my summer and my sanity, I’d much rather just work on my little summer checklist.
Thankfully, there are some nice things I can still look forward to this summer. First, my uncle is coming to visit from LA this coming weekend, which is awesome. Also, I’m moving into my new apartment in about three weeks or so, and I am SUPER excited about that! I can’t wait to get out of the apartment I am in now! I am also going on a week-long beach vacation the week after my summer class ends :) AND, I’ve made it so that my last day at work for the summer is July 11th, which leaves me some extra time before class starts up in August to get the things done that I actually WANT to do. :D YAY!
Now that I feel I’ve adequately quenched my thirst for procrastination, I should probably go write this essay that’s due tomorrow before I have to go in to work. Oy vey…